Autumn so far has been overwhelming. I’ve started at a new school, learned a lot of new things, met new people, made new friends, made a strange campus feel like I’ve walked there for years and most important I’ve not been afraid…nervous yes, but not afraid to be who I am, to say what I think and to do the things I love. It’s all been a great expirience so far! In a few weeks I’ll be making my first exams at my new university, can you imagine? Downside is that I’m really busy with lots of work and studying! Everyone I know seems to be terribly busy, and sometimes the thought alone can make me very overwhelmed and stressed. So I’ve made a list of things I’m looking forward to the next couple of weeks or months. So whenever I feel stressed or overwhelmed I have a few things to look forward to that cheer me up!
|On a walk & a sneak peak of a new finished cardigan!!!|
- Passing my first exams!! (lets for the moment assume I will atleast pass one of them)
- One of my favourite designers publishes her first book!!
- Jumping in a big pile of leaves.
- Seeing lots of animals preparing for winter.
|Met this little guy on a walk last Sunday. We named him Douglas the Brave.|
- Pumpkin out of the oven!
- Wearing my handknits to university.
- Sorting out my stash.
- Watching some really old movies, while snuggling the cat.
- Sewing pants for the first time!
- Cycling back home, in the early evening while it’s dark and seeing all the christmas tree lights in peoples home.
- Going to a vintage tea house.
- Visit Amsterdam again.
|My most photogenic cat.|
- Go ice skating.
- The first snowfall!
- Selecting Christmas presents for friends & family! ( is it too early to make wish lists?)
- Celebrating Christmas.
- The Hobbit! Very nostalgic feeling: when the last LOTR-movie came out, I was still in highschool, and it was a traditional thing for three christmasses in a row.
So what is keeping you busy this autumn? Is there anything typically for this time of year you are looking forward too?
2 thoughts on “Things to look forward too: the autumn edition”
Good luck with your exams, I am sure you will do really well, and such a great idea to have a list of happy things to turn to when you are stressed I will have to try this myself!
I love autumn and all the things to come over the next few months! I am also super excited to see the Hobbit, nothing better than a little fantasy and magic near christmas! xxx
Thanks, I hope so!
Do try it, it always helps to set priorities and inspire good feelings.
And the countdown to the Hobbit continues… 14th of december, I'm ready!