(Warning: This here will be heavy on non-knitters)
So I finished this about a month ago, but only put them on ravelry and blogged about it now.
The pattern is from a stitch in time volume 1, but the original pattern dates from 1936, womens weekly. So it’s a pre-wartime pattern.
|This is me being way more interested in my pocketwatch then in taking pictures.|
|Ah! That’s better!|
I made it in sportswool instead of dk, luckily it worked out well. I did one modification; I made the sleeves less puffy. The sleeves on the modern model aren’t very puffy, but the original model has some major puff, and I read on the forum & comments on ravelry that some versions had turned out very big. Apperently during the interbellum thin heads were ‘the’ hot thing for a lady, and puffy sleeves made the heads look thin in comparison.
Anyway I really love the stitch pattern in this sweater, it’s why I wanted to make it in the first place. I’m happy how it turned out, need to make me some more skirts to go with it though.
|Not sure whether this was lady like behaviour in those times…but running around is fun…:)|
One thought on “Finished Knitting Project: Made So Quickly”
Remember taking these pictures, was lots of fun 🙂
I'm still amazed how suddently all those pieces of knitted rags suddently made a sweater 😀